Dayton Human Relations Council

File a Dayton Police Department Complaint

Filing a complaint against a Dayton Police Department employee can be done in person, over the phone, or online. You can download a PDF copy to print at this link.

You may visit the Professional Standards Bureau at 371 West 2nd Street in the One Stop Center to make an in-person complaint. However, the easiest way to make a complaint is to contact the Dayton Mediation Center at 937-333-2356 or by completing their online form here. The Dayton Mediation Center will communicate status updates to you regarding your complaint.

If you disagree with the outcome of the investigation conducted by Dayton Police, you may file an appeal with the Community Appeals Board by contacting the Human Relations Council at 937-333-1424, downloading the form here, or completing the online form below.

If you have general questions regarding your rights and responsibilities, you may contact the Human Relations Council at any point in the process by calling 937-333-1424.

Community Appeals Board Appeals Form

"*" indicates required fields

Appeals must be filed within 30 days from the disposition of your complaint

Be advised -- Section 2921.15
No person shall knowingly file a complaint against a peace officer that alleges that the peace officer engaged in misconduct in the performance of the officer's duties if the person knows that the allegation is false. Whoever violates this section is guilty of Making a False Allegation of Pace Officer Misconduct, a misdemeanor of the first degree.


Complainant Information (Your Information)

Complainant (Your) Address*


Get Involved

The more residents that get involved in their community, the better the City of Dayton will be.
The Human Relations Council offers opportunities for individuals and organizations to
make an impact and promote equality and harmony in Dayton, Ohio.

Learn More