The Community Initiative to Reduce Gun Violence (CIRGV) seeks to reduce group-related gun violence and homicides in Dayton, Trotwood, and Montgomery County. CIRGV provides life changing supportive services to individuals that desire positive transformation in their life, and engages the moral voice of the community to promote a neighborhood standard that openly values life and safety while denouncing gun violence. Law enforcement supports CIRGV through enhanced multi-jurisdictional policing efforts.
Through the coordination of Community, Law Enforcement, and Services teams, CIRGV disrupts the cycle of violence by:
- Clearly informing the public and those involved in high risk life styles of the consequences of gun violence and its impact to the community
- Empowering the community to be a moral voice that conveys messages speaking out against gun violence
- Engaging gun violence survivors and their families in educating the public on the impact of gun violence
- Providing life changing supportive services to those who want out of the cycle of violence
- Improving communication and coordination among multi-jurisdictional law enforcement agencies
Are you experiencing violence or have been involved in a violent lifestyle and want to make a change? If you identify as a gang/group member, live in a community with a high potential for violence, or are/have been involved in a violent situation, please contact the CIRGV street advocates at: 937-694-2465.