Ohio Department of Developmental Disabilities is seeking minority owned businesses to provide Laundry Services for the Columbus Development Center
The Department of Administrative Services Office of Procurement Services on behalf of the Ohio Department of Developmental Disabilities is seeking minority owned businesses to provide Laundry Services for the Columbus Development Center.
This email is serving as an inquiry of capabilities to identify certified MBEs and is not a solicitation for bids. Should the opportunity become an MBE set aside vendors will receive a notice from State Purchasing when the bid has been posted.
Scope of Work
- These specifications are for the procurement of laundry rental services, including inventory procurement, pick-up of soiled laundry, cleaning, sanitizing, packaging/wrapping, and delivery/placement of clean laundry.
- Laundry will consist of bed pads, bath towels, wash cloths, fitted sheets (contour), flat sheets, pillow cases, laundry bags, and thermal blankets.
- Contractor must provide the linens.
- Soiled laundry is to be picked up three (3) days per week and clean laundry delivered three (3) days per week: Monday, Wednesday and Friday. If delivery falls on a holiday, the delivery will be made on the day before the holiday.
- Contractor shall deliver clean laundry to the facility between the hours of 5:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. on each delivery day (i.e., Monday, Wednesday and Friday).
- Contractor shall have the capability to make emergency deliveries, if deemed necessary by the facility. It is understood that the contractor’s regular linen deliveries are expected to be at adequate and appropriate levels.
- Contractor is responsible for providing the facility with experienced trained laundry delivery persons.
- Contractor shall deliver clean linen to designated linen storage areas in each of the eight (8) locations to replace soiled linen from the same in individual linen closets.
Refer to UNSPS Codes:
- 91110000: Domestic and personal assistance
To view the current contract use the link below:
If your company is capable of fulfilling the requirements please forward
- Business Name
- Phone Number
- Business Type (ex: Janitorial Services, Consulting Services, Information Technology Services, etc.)
- State of Ohio MBE Certification Status (MBE Certified; Not MBE Certified)
to Patrice Davis at Patrice.Davis@das.state.oh.us by Thursday, August 4, 2016. If you have additional questions do not hesitate to contact me.
MBE Program Administrator
General Services Division
Office of Procurement Services