Message to Community
Dear Valued Community Member:
On Monday, March 9, 2020, Governor Mike DeWine signed an executive order declaring a state of emergency in Ohio to protect Ohioans from the dangerous effects of COVID-19. On Thursday, March 12, 2020, Mayor Nan Whaley declared a State of Emergency, for Dayton Ohio, due to the public health impacts of COVID-19 (coronavirus). The City is actively monitoring the evolving situation regarding the Coronavirus/Covid-19. We’re relying on the guidelines and information issued by Federal Agencies and the CDC, State of Ohio Department of Health, Montgomery County and Public Health Dayton & Montgomery County health officials. As your trusted partner, Dayton Human Relations Council wants to keep the lines of communication open and to let you know that we are doing our part to help stop the spread of COVID-19.
Please feel free to check our website for updates as we continue to monitor this evolving situation: https://www.daytonhrc.com.
- Open Communication with the Public: We encourage customers to actively practice preventive measures, including appropriate social distancing to help curtail the spread of the virus and protect the community’s and our staff’s safety. We encourage the public to contact us remotely if possible or by calling the office at 937-333-1407. A staff member will be at the office at all times unless a Red level emergency has been declared.
- Impact on Civil Rights Complaints: The HRC remains committed to anti-discrimination measures and protecting your rights as community members. The electronic intake option will remain available during this time. If you believe that you have been the victim of discrimination, please visit our website or fill out this form: HRC Civil Rights Discrimination Complaint Form.
- Impact on Business Certifications: To prevent the potential spread of this virus in our business communities, our staff is ceasing all certification in-person site visit interviews until April 15, 2020. We recognize the potential impact this will have on companies seeking certification. As of March 15, 2020, we will grant 30 day extensions to all existing renewal applications and 30 days provisional certifications to existing new applications. We encourage firms seeking PEP Certification to submit their application via mail or email at BTA@daytonohio.gov.
- Impact on AAA: The HRC will continue to process your Affirmative Action Assurance applications unless a Red level emergency has been declared.
- Impact on Minority Business Assistance Center: The Dayton MBAC is postponing face to face consultations until further notice; however, the business advisors will be able to assist clients via phone and email at 937-333-1033/ firstname.lastname@example.org. To assist our businesses that are already up and running during this time, the State of Ohio asks to direct questions regarding aid, financials, and state relief to BusinessHelp@Development.Ohio.Gov and a member of the Ohio Development Services team will be in touch with further information.
- Education on Safety Protocols: All staff have been trained to follow CDC guidelines with respect to hand washing/use of sanitizer, not touching their faces, sneeze/cough etiquette, environmental cleaning, and avoiding unsafe travel. We will send frequent reminders using mass emails and our company intranet system.
- Group meetings/events: In an abundance of caution, HRC is curtailing our staff attendance at large group meetings or events through April 15. In addition, all small and large in person group, committee and board meetings hosted by the HRC will be postponed and/or suspended.
- Temporary Staffing Coverage: In an effort to protect the community as well as our staff, we are moving to limited/essential staff coverage during the next few weeks. This may result in a slower response time; however, we will follow up with you as soon as possible. We ask for your patience during this time.
We will monitor the situation and update this plan as needed. Please check our website for updates. Thank you for working with us and for your understanding.