The Community Police Council (CPC) serves the Dayton community by ensuring mutual responsibility for public safety and by addressing the concerns of all residents.
Speak. Be Heard. Be Considered.
The Dayton Community Police Council decisions and actions will be guided by mutual values of:
CPC’s Commitment to the City, Neighborhoods, Residents and Youth
The Dayton Community Police Council is committed to:
- creating opportunities for residents and youth to engage with police and speak-out about safety in their neighborhoods.
- listening to individuals, social groups and organizations speak frankly about their relations with police.
- building trust through clear and accurate communication.
- responding swiftly to events dividing police from individuals, neighborhoods and the community.
- coordinating activities city-wide to strengthen community-police relations.
- developing mutual responsibility and accountability throughout the Dayton community for public safety.